Sunday, June 28, 2015

End of a long road and start of a new adventure

Hi everyone - pleased to meet you :-)

This blog will be my personal diary of the PhD that I'm due to be embarking upon with the UK Open University, starting in October.  It follows on from my Postgraduate Certificate in Online and Distance Education for the H800:Technology Enhanced Learning: Practices and Debates fully online course, which I undertook while based in Johannesburg in 2009.

My research is going to bring together many strands of professional and personal development over the years; driven by my passion about technology enabled learning networks and how they can facilitate collaborative learning for practical improvement outcomes.

In case you are not aware the blog title is of course a tribute to the British author Sue Townsend, who died in April 2014 and produced the fabulous Adrian Mole series beginning with the iconic first publication in 1982.
So I plan to tell a very personal narrative or story of my PhD, lasting into my mid life years. I hope to share reflections and insights with others, about the research journey itself and within the landscapes of practice of our interconnected world.  A journey amongst friends. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment